Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Highback Question
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrmaty View Post
The highback doesn't have to touch your calf, the only thing that matters is that your heel of your boot is all the way against the heel cup of your binding and that it doesn't lift up when you put pressure on youre toes. Unless your highbacks have a lot of forward lean then you will get seperation between your boot and highback, expecially on toe-side turns. If your boots are a different brand than your bindings you may see more gaps just due to the fact that manufacturer's of bindings produce their bindings to fit their own boots. Sorry, I misunderstood your original question, I wasn't trying to make you feel like I thought you were dumb or anything
It's coo, no insult taken... now I understand that I wont have to worry as long as my heel is snug in the heelcup!

But you're right on one thing:

That lean space saves your ass when jibbing. On Saturday, I completely forgot my foot beds to my Rome 390 Bosses. All day I had to figure out the necessary adjustments. Went to backside on this wall type feature...as soon as I hit it, I lost balance and ate the metal corners into my knee...left a nasty welt/gash/bruise. I look at my bindings to try and play it off like it was my hardware's fault.....and sure shit my foot wasn't in the heel right and the high back was actually folding forward even while strapped in....good times
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote