Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving out to California
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
I am not one of those people who complain about first world problems like snow conditions.

And haha surfing, no thanks. My first cinematic experience was Jaws, and I only wade into the ocean haha.

It's not that you will complain about bad conditions it's just that for what it costs in drive time and gas it just becomes not worth it to ride icy man made groomers. There's so much other cool shit to do in SoCal. Seriously. I can ride my road bike, mountain bike, go to the beach, hike up to 10k feet. Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, the desert in general. Vegas is a 4-5 hour drive as is the Grand Canyon.

Im also a bit of an art museum geek...don't get me started on the Norton Simon, the Getty, LACMA....etc....tho those are all a long drive for you in San Diego...I personally find it a bit to republican/white bread/lacking in culture down there but it's gorgeous fo sho! I have a love/hate relationship with LA!

Can you swim? If so, go swim in La Jolla ( La Hoy-A don't sound like a tourist!) Cove. Get over the fear of sharks it will be one of the most amazing things you do.

Last edited by mixie; 01-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote