Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving out to California
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Deimus85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
It's not that you will complain about bad conditions it's just that for what it costs in drive time and gas it just becomes not worth it to ride icy man made groomers. There's so much other cool shit to do in SoCal. Seriously. I can ride my road bike, mountain bike, go to the beach, hike up to 10k feet. Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, the desert in general. Vegas is a 4-5 hour drive as is the Grand Canyon.

Im also a bit of an art museum geek...don't get me started on the Norton Simon, the Getty, LACMA....etc....tho those are all a long drive for you in San Diego...I personally find it a bit to republican/white bread/lacking in culture down there but it's gorgeous fo sho! I have a love/hate relationship with LA!

Can you swim? If so, go swim in La Jolla ( La Hoy-A don't sound like a tourist!) Cove. Get over the fear of sharks it will be one of the most amazing things you do.
I drove up to JFBB opening day (2 hours) to ride the only trail open, Freedom Park. 3 days later I drove up again and they had 3 more trails open. Granted, they were offering pretty steep discounts for the lack of trails open, and I wanted to knock the rust off early. I don't really mind taking a drive to get some turns in.

I think I am going to try to hit up Mammoth in the next few weekends if anyone is down to shred!
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote