Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Brief Review: 2012 Union Force
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #103 (permalink)
Gdog42

I have the DLX and the Force bindings, and that ratchet issue is just with the Force bindings.
On the DLX, the ratchets are much smoother and release a lot more easily. I like the more curved toe strap on the Forces, so I use those with the DLX ratchet on my back binding. On this season's Force bindings, they have longer and slightly thinner ladders for the toe straps, which makes the toe ratchets easier to release.

As for the toe capping problem in the review, the toe straps have to be in the correct 2-position slots depending on what boot size and model you have.
If you have a smaller boot size, you might need to put the into the back slots before mounting them to your board.
I wear size 13 boots, and found that mine cap best with the inside slot at the back and the outside slot at the front. I'm getting new boots soon though so I might need to change that.
In this review it sounded like the toe straps needed to be in different slots.

With the binding off the board, put your boot in and strap the ankle strap. Then play around with the slots for the toe strap underneath until you find which setting allows you to cap it the best. Make sure it's the right length, too. It should be so that the opening in the strap is centered over the boot. This will also make it a little easier to release the ratchet.

It sounded like the toe strap was the only real problem in this review. I'm pretty sure it would work fine if adjusted right.

It's also easier to release it you pull the ratchet up with your index finger while pushing down on the back with your thumb. I've tried just using my index and it's nearly impossible to release, but using the thumb simultaneously gives an easy pop and it's out.

Last edited by Gdog42; 01-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote