Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in Tahoe ??
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
threej21

Wow Wow Wow...surf, you really are outdoing yourself with all this info. thanks a lot Sounds like you are now my official tour guide! Lol, if you plan this trip for me, day by day, like it seems you are, i will be in debt to you sir...

okay, recap. We will likely be flying in on a fri ev staying through the following Friday/Saturday. so probably like a 6 night deal.

im hearing you all on staying more around tahoe city, but was unclear on the closeness that is to say Squaw Valley. So lets just say im sold on staying at a ski in/ski out lodge in Squaw. for one, we probably wont do any resort hopping as its just not our preference. i would rather see as much of one mountain as possible, with the hopes of 'knowing' my way around by the last couple days riding, then be holding a map for my entire time on mountain. i know some may not agree with that, but for plans sake, lets just assume that we will only ride at squaw and alpine.

now, lets take it from the start:

where do we fly into if were staying at squaw?

any recomendations on specific lodging at squaw?

if staying in squaw, how do i naviagate some of these sight seeing things you mentioned? as in, are the roads/highways you said to take coming out of squaw? or were you assuming i was staying else where?
same with the drive around the lake..is that easy to navigate (signage?), or do you have to know all the different roads to take to do it successfully.

we will have a car, so no problem doing it, just dont want to be lost.

think thats it...lol..as said it will probably be a 6-7 night/7-8 day trip, with 4-5 days of board time, so we will have some time to do some touristy stuff.

surf, im fairly half ass serious about you planning this thing for me day to day, minute by minute, LOL...you seem to really know all the awesome stuff to do. and i would gladly reimburse you somehow for your efforts

thanks everyone that has chimed in, im F'n stoked for this already
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote