Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Coaching snowboarding - in over my head
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKid View Post
I would just put her on top of the bunny hill and give her a helmet. The first 1-3 days are rough, but its a learning curve that you have to teach yourself through. It is tough to explain to someone how to flex your board and how to distribute weight. Trial and error are the best teachers. My first day riding I was hitting jumps and could barely turn. You have to get out there and throw yourself around. It's snowboarding. 3 weeks later I could 360, and one week after that I landed my first front flip. No teachers involved. Just a desire to do it and a lot of IbProfein
This is complete horse shit and you should not be giving advice. Doing what you recommend is how people get hurt, and every time I see some fuckstick pointing his board straight downhill without knowing how to turn I want to kick them in the teeth. Trial and error are the best teachers for idiots that don't know how to listen and those who refuse to take direction.

Get the girl a group lesson, and if she has a decent instructor she will be making turns in 2 hours.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote