Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - help narrowing down my freeride board list
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
ryan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
152 for freeride and powder? how big are you where do you ride. what have you rode before what did you like what did you not like. $225 budget you might look at used boards, get a little more bang for your buck, maybe here or geartrade.com. play it again in my area have good deals. craiglist seattle is full of deals
first off, thanks for replying. I'm 5' 7" and my weight fluctuates from 140-150... so I figure around a 152 board will be best?

I'm on the east coast, in Maine, so some pretty icy terrain at times.

I've previously used crappy rentals so I don't really have a good basis to compare what I liked/didn't like about previous boards - to be honest I couldn't even tell you if they were freestyle boards, or freeride, etc. This is the first year where I am going out of my way to make sure I have semi-decent gear... no rentals! That being said, I don't need top of the line stuff, just something decent, ya know?

And I think you're right about looking at used boards for my budget... I've looked around on the local Craigslist (at literally every listing, actually), but there isn't really a ton of choices... And thus far, everyone's been insanely unreliable from Craigslist... not returning phone calls/emails, or having no clue what they're selling (literally not knowing the model, or too lazy to check - must not want my $ too bad!). I'll keep on it though!
ryan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote