Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goofy vs Regular
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
jennifer

I am super new to the sport. Have only gone up 4 times, had 3 lessons. ALL the tests say I should be riding regular. My husband has been boarding for like 20 years, and after all the testing we did he agreed I should be riding regular so that is how we set up my bindings. That is how I have been taking my lessons. During my last lesson my instructor had me doing falling leaf, which I had done before. But this time it was just kicking my ass. I could not make it 10 feet without falling. He then tells me that he is 100% sure I should be riding goofy. He said that when I got up from fall and was ready to begin down the hill again I naturally gravitated to a goofy stance. I honestly was to frazzled and to focused on not falling on my ass again that I took no notice of which stance I started in...I just wanted to get down the hill. lol

So do I follow what all the tests tell me...or do I follow what this instructor is telling me and move to goofy?

I did worse on this last lesson than I did on my very first one. Seriously...it was an embarassment. But that is a whole different topic.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote