Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #327 (permalink)
edlo

Default Flows on Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
I sent a message to Flow using their warranty form Friday morning and haven't heard back from them yet.

Also after riding Saturday and having to constantly check and adjust my binding I looked into putting my NXT straps on the NX2 chassis. I think it can work but the stock screws are too long.
I was at a local sporting goods store, it seems that all flows will still tighten down even when the lock is pressed down. It does make it a little harder. K2 cinch addressed this problem with a different buckle that has notches inside to increase the friction. I don't like the friction, I took the buckle off a K2 Formula binding and put it on my wifes rear cinch binding. It frequently tighten too much while skating in the lift line, but she just losen it on the lift up before putting her foot inside. It makes entry a two step process but step two is something you can ratchet as you start going and don't need to sit on your ass. Some people complain about it because it makes releasing the buckle much harder. Flow made their ladder strap wider. You won't be able to change the buckle on the strap with a Cinch or burton buckle without changing the ladder strap.

Here is a suggestion for you
Change the buckle on the top strap with a different brand or model, one that takes the older more narrow ladder straps.

Now shave the edges of the current ladder strap from the end to just where you need it ratcheted down that way it can't be over tightened. If you need it tighter, tighten the other size. It a way it defeats the purpose of having the ratchet to go super tight.

If this flow strap fits on my cinch bindings, I will get one of these ladder straps and do what I just described so my strap doesn't accidentally over tighten. I'll have a K2 cinch with a Ride Contraband g-string strap and a Flow ladder strap.

In my experience, K2 and Burton have different screw hole sizes on the buckle, I've used a drill to carefully enlarge one whole, I've haven't taken a Flow ratchet off to compare it with other brands.
edlo is offline   Reply With Quote