Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #816 (permalink)
TRBO2NR

Question Help me please!

Hopefully some knowledgeable people are still watching this thread. I am going to be purchasing a Never Summer Proto CTX probably today and was wondering if you could help me on sizing. I am 6' and 165 pounds to start with. I currently ride an old cambered Morrow Revert X 157 just so you know where I am coming from (I know, OLD BOARD 1997). I am looking at either getting the CTX in a 155 or a 158. I need the CTX version due to my size 12 Nike Kaiju's and Never Summer suggests I ride a wide. I mainly do freeride and freestyle as I live in the midwest, but I try to take an annual Mountain trip out west. I am actually going to Crystal Mountain in Washington Friday-Sunday this weekend! With all of this in mind, since I have heard with the blunted tips make this board ride like it is 3cm longer than normal, what would you suggest that I purchase? 155 or 158? My other option is the Legacy, but I have never had a true twin tip, so I am not fully sure... I think I want to try something different since it would be nice to learn to ride switch better...

Last edited by TRBO2NR; 01-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
TRBO2NR is offline   Reply With Quote