Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever go boarding alone?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easto View Post
My wife wanted to send me out snowboarding for the day today (Birthday). I turned down the offer because I have some interview prep I need to do. But then I got thinking that I don't want to spend my Bday hanging out by myself.

Is it common for you guys to hit the slopes solo? I find when I go I have a lot of fun shooting the shit with my buddies on the chair lift. I would find it boring if I were alone.

Anyone else?
I ride almost exclusively alone! Didn't start off like that by choice,.. just got into it late in life & don't know anybody else that boards or skis.

It might be different if I were out west somewhere with multi mile runs & off piste to explore, but here in MI. with it's 90 sec.-4 min. long runs, I'm OK going solo! The only person I've ever really ridden with is Sabatoa from our regional forum, and I honestly never saw him ride.

I'd start down the run first & when I got to the lift, there's "Ol' Speedy Gonzales" standin' there waiting on me!! Never even saw him go by!

(...besides, every time I try to make a friend on the lift, they JUMP OFF!! Weirdest damn thing!!!!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote