Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - No adjustment left with Diodes and Supermodel X
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketsmoke View Post
The screw locations make it look as if it can move forward although the binding is truly maxed out in travel toward the toe side. Lamps, you are seeing it right. If the board was glass and you look at the bottom, you would see that the heel side of the position indicator (for the stance width) is hitting the cutout in the footbed.

This is the first Burton I've owned after having a few Rides and a Never Summer. I liked the Never Summer Premier but wanted something a little stiffer although I couldn't find much. The Cartels make it a nice set up but I wanted a little more response, hence buying the Diodes. The bindings are M and boots are 8.5 so on the low end of the range.

I realize it's highly doubtful I'd need to worry about dragging the heel, especially riding mainly in the midwest. Just curious if anyone has run into this when I was expecting two different binding models, but the same size, to have an expected similar setup.
I think that if you need adjustment you can do one of two things to get it:

1) us an exacto knife to trim the tab off the position indicator to get more room, or

2) let the position indicator not sit in the channel but sit on the deck of the board - you might do this for a run or two to see if you like the new setting and then go to #1 above.

This seems like a design flaw to me the indicator shouldn't hold you back from adjusting.

I am getting my diodes next week and will have a look at this too
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote