Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally picking up a board
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
hydralover

Default Finally picking up a board

I'll keep it short and simple.

I'm 22, 5'7" 130lbs. Boot size 7.5-8 based on the rentals I've used. Live in SoCal, mostly freeride, but I like to hit jumps and the occasional box. I'm pretty comfortable carving and speeding down the slopes.

If I buy new, it would be a Sierra Team (http://www.the-house.com/9857sitm10z...nowboards.html) due to a relatively small budget (~400 for the whole setup). However, I'm sure used won't be a problem. Best deals I could find were a 159 GNU Altered Genetics and a 152 '08 Burton Custom X w/ Burton Cartels. The GNU is a little long, but I like what I've read about it. However, due to its length I still can't decide whether or not I should take the leap on it. My research also showed that the CX is super stiff, so I'm a little hesitant on picking that up as well as I'm not quite sure how I would like that.

Although I've read a multitude of threads regarding board length and stiffness, I still feel compelled to make my own thread about my personal problems

Your opinions?

Last edited by hydralover; 01-08-2013 at 11:43 AM.
hydralover is offline   Reply With Quote