Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #70 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesireeM81 View Post
Back to Original Topic.

I would post on here more if I had something relevant to say but being a newb, only 5 days under my belt, it's not like I can contribute to much. And I'm doing great riding so I just read the advice but I have no reason to comment I guess.
My GF feels the same way I think... Unfortunately I think she doesn't see what it's like to be a regular poster. You get to develop "internet relationships" with all kinds of people with the same interest as you, and I find that fun.

I've been members of forums for about 15 years now, since I got my first car, I've attended more meets than I can count, met some great people, had a blast in the process, and yes had several internet debates/scuffles which I think help your debating skills. I've met girlfriends through forum friends (no, not my current girlfriend, this was back in my sportbike days), had job offers, etc. all from just talking on this internets thingy here...

So I guess my advice is: don't be afraid to post! Noobs can provide just as much valuable info to other noobs as the veterans can. Why? Because I don't remember what it was like to learn. I was 11 years old... Somebody who is just learning, or who has learned in the last couple years as an adult (like my current GF) can sometime do way better to help a new rider than the old guys can. Plus there's a lot of off-topic stuff so you don't always have to be talking about snowboarding.

BTW, if you're still counting that's 3 shots! Oh, and I'll need pictures...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote