Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding buddies...
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
stupidmop

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefutui2e View Post
a difference of philosophies keeps me from riding with my friends sometimes who i'd call "social snowboarders". you know, those people who never really pushed themselves beyond skidding their carves on the blues, shit their pants at the sight of a small mogul, and god forbid should they fall a few times on a double-black! if one of them gets tired and decides to sit a while, well shit, let's ALL take a fucking break! so even when i go with them, i might end up taking a few laps by myself towards the end of the day.

i have a group of them that won't get off their asses unless the mountain is 95% open and fully groomed with no "ice" patches, effectively wiping out the first month or so of the season here in the NE. which sucks, because my philosophy is more like, if there's grass on the field play ball! of course, i have a small group that are much more dedicated to go with. always a blast to go with them as we're constantly challenging ourselves and trying to one-up each other. but these are people that are almost strictly my ridding buddies; outside of snowboarding i don't see them too often.

which brings me to a related topic: how many of you are like, BEST FRIENDS with your riding buddies for 3-4 months out of the year, but then once the season's over you never really hear from them until the next one rolls around?
The guys I ride with are my close friends year round, so I haven't experienced that. I guess there are a couple people I only see during winter, but they are generally acquaintances who might have a cabin I take advantage of.
stupidmop is offline   Reply With Quote