Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - No adjustment left with Diodes and Supermodel X
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Do you ride with "0" Angles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketsmoke View Post
I purchased a new (off the shelf) 2010 Supermodel X board and new 2013 Diode EST bindings, separately. The bindings are a size medium and I also have size 8.5 Imperial boots. When i mounted the bindings, I had to move them as far to the toe side as allowable. The back (right) foot is still off center, although slightly, to the heel side. I had an older pair of Cartels mounted on her prior to these. The Cartels were centered on the board yet the back foot binding still had a quarter (or more) of its travel left to move closer to the toe side if needed (I'd guess 1/4-3/8 of an inch without actually measuring). Attached are some pictures which might help see my issue. Is there anything I can do to get these bindings more on center and not be maxed out for travel?

The above paragraph was sent to Burton and they didn't offer much help when I called in to discuss this. They stated that it is doubtful that I would drag the heel, which I agree with, and that I could angle the binding some more. Being that this is a directional board I only angled the back binding -3 degrees originally. I did increase that to about -7 degrees and of course it's better but it's also not the answer I was looking for. I do not ride switch on this much like I would on a twin. Burton did ask what my concern was and it is that even if the set up rides well I am out of adjustment should I need to make any.

Anyone have some advice or run into this issue? Could the issue be the bindings?
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote