Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice/Feedback on snowboard choice and length for female rider
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chinchilly

female Advice/Feedback on snowboard choice and length for female rider

Hello all, I need some advice picking out a new board. I bought my first snowboard seven years ago when I was a beginner and had mastered linking turns. I've ridden the same stick all these years and after buying my boyfriend his first set of gear, I decided I'd like to finally upgrade mine as well. I'm an intermediate female rider and I mostly like to freeride. I do enjoy venturing into the park once in a while, but I'm a beginner when it comes to hitting jumps and jibbing (50/50s on boxes, ollie-ing off of jumps) and I don't really care too much for freestyle riding to progress much further. I'm looking for an all-mountain board and after a lot of research, I think the Never Summer Infinity would be a great match for me. From what I've read, it seems to be a solid board and has a great dampening system. I also like that it has the Vario grip edges and a 3 year warranty. I put my stats into a few snowboard length calculators but they've all spit out different results, so I'd like some advice on which length to get. Although I kind of have my heart set on this board, other suggestions for boards or feedback on my board choice would be appreciated.

Stats
Weight: cycles between 105-115 lbs, currently 110.
Height; 5'
Boot size: 5.5
Riding Ability: Intermediate. Aggressive and very comfortable on blues, not quite bombing down blacks yet but getting there.
Location: Southern California. I ride mostly hard-packed groomers, blues and blacks. Would like to venture into trees, sidecountry, and pow (basically progress everywhere this season)

I'm not sure which size board to get, the 142, 145, or 147. I'm also concerned that with my small feet, I won't be able to turn and control the longer boards as easily. I currently ride a 2005 K2 Skyla (143 cm) with 2005 Burton Mission bindings and Nitro boots. I bought all of the equipment at a sporting goods store when I was 14 with no research and no idea if the equipment was a good fit for me or not. I'd like to upgrade my gear this season so suggestions for bindings and boots would be appreciated as well.
Chinchilly is offline   Reply With Quote