Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - No adjustment left with Diodes and Supermodel X
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
cricketsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ10 View Post
That actually looks pretty good to me but I'm still not exactly clear on what the issue is.

Could it be some asymmetry in footbed length that's causing this (illusion)? I noticed my diode ests seem to have different footbed sizing than my reflex bindings.

Does your centering method take into account board taper?

For what it's worth I think you have an excellent combo there. You may just have to go with feel even if it doesn't look exactly how you want it to.
It looks okay although I haven't taken this combo out yet to get a feel for it. I just put the bindings on it, but the Cartels worked great. It appears close to center but there's no more adjustability to move to the toe side if I have to.

I can only guess that's it's either the foot bed or the position indicator. No one around here stocks these bindings since most people play in the park where I live. Sadly, I'm too old to start that now.

I could understand a difference between an EST binding and a Reflex binding although both my binding sets are EST.

The taper was taken into account.

Friday I'll just have to run it down the hill a bit and see what happens.
cricketsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote