Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in Tahoe ??
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
Surf, you are a gentleman and a scholar....LOL. thanks so much for all that info. I think we might just do it just like you planned it...couple days at squaw/alpine, then homewood, maybe rest a day, then take the trip to Kirkwood. I think even 2 hours would be worth the drive, plus the parents love the scenic drives through the mountain anyway...as mentioned above, i drive 6 hours roundtrip EVERY week to go ride in North Carolina, so the driveing isnt that big a deal to us.

my only possible deviation from your itenerary would probably be to just stay at a resort in Squaw. would that cause any major changes to your plan?? I just think after flying across the country and spending all the dough on the trip, myself and my family would more enjoy the atmosphere of a resort for our day to day stuff. at least for our FIRST trip to Tahoe, as i foresee many more! But sight unseen, not sure i can sell that well be staying at a hotel/motel in the town.

Srsly though, cant say thanks enough to Surf and the rest of you guys for chiming in. Yall really are helping to make an amazing trip for me and mine.

kirk, thanks for the vid, that was bad ass...what is that run called?
Get on chair 4 (Backside) as soon as it opens...you might have to wait for it. That's the mellow "Happiness is" just skier's right of chair 4 (Sunrise). The "wave" will be more to you right...with steeper terrain,cornices and drips. The lift line to your left, with some open woods in between. Enjoy!
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote