Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Type: Basic Intermediate Rider
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oldman

My first "ride" was a fully cambered Elan Aragon which was a bit of a plank, but I am grateful for having learned on a cambered deck. Learning on a cambered deck I believe you develop much better technique which will remain with you for the rest of your riding days.

Since then I have acquired a Rossignol One Magtek which is slightly cambered between the feet and rockered out at the tips. I also have a Lib Tech Lando which is rockered between the feet and cambered under your feet. ( both of these decks have Magnatraction, but of differing degrees: more aggressive on the Rossi, less so on the Lando.)

I have retired the Elan, but LOVE riding both the Rossi & the Lando. They both offer a very different ride, both are great for the type of riding you are into.

As Lamp has recommended, hit a demo day and ride'em, all of them, and see which one pushes your buttons. There is a noticeable difference in how the different profiles ride and only you can decide which one feels the best to you. Reading about boards is one thing, riding the real deal will provide you with the feedback you need to select the deck that is best for you. Good Luck !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Oldman; 01-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote