Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2586 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
...These are all that weird feature;

Then at the very end you can hit a 5 ft high cannon; jib a wall or ride out on a c-rail.

I mainly sessioned the kicker. It took me a couple runs to start landing my straight airs. I was washing out at first so I got used to maintaining a toe edge on the landing. I tried adding a simple indy but never got the grab, got the board up but never grabbed it. Still need to work on air awareness.

After that I went to the flat box for a few hits and sadly only nailed 50/50s. By this point I was tired and didn't have energy to try my board slides.

The price for Hawk Island is $10 for half day 1pm-close (which to me seems like their full day but whatever) but you also have a $3 parking fee to get into the county park. You could plead poverty and they'd waive the fee but I dunno.

IIRC Wednesday is free parking day.

Weekdays they're open from 4pm to 9pm
Weekends they're open from 10am to 9pm

There is a warming fire pit, a warming house and food/drink sold on site in the warming house.

'12 NS Legacy 163
'17 NS Funslinger 157x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2016/2017 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 23
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 2
  • Mt. Holly: 1
  • Nubs Nob:
  • Brighton (UT): 2
  • Snowbasin: 2

Days on snow 2015/2016 season: 24

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.