Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - would 3cm make a difference!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Thrillhouse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I ride all kinds of boards. Have a 156 that I use the least, not cause of size, just not the best of the boards to spend a day on. But when I rode it I enjoy it the most (lots of fun to throw around and not care lol). I also have a 164.5 and a 168! I ride these two more.

I'm 6'2 205 lbs (now), but average 185-190 lbs by april, boots size 11.5.

Looking for a particular board that's only available in 159 now (162 sold out). waist is 257 which fits perfect. 162 waist width was 264 which is a little over what I like and can be slower edge to edge.

This is an all mountain (60:40 park). So my question... would the 3 cm (1.5 cm each side) really make that big a difference and where would I feel it most? I'll be using it mostly for tricks, spins, jumps etc. But i also LOVE to run & charge fast when I get a window.

Thnx for sharing your thoughts in advance.

Cheers...
i'm pretty much exactly your size and i ride a 158 YES great boobs. i have a 159 ride berzerker as my rock board and started out on a 163 burton floater.

i definitely find the 158 to be a good fit for my size, although i feel like i need a longer board for pow days. bearing in mind i live in NZ, decent pow days are few and far between!