Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A novice's review of attributes on three boards (Endeavor) and two sets of Unions..
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
Enjoyable read. However I wouldn't write off reverse camber just yet. I was a skeptic until I grabbed an Arbor Westmark on closeout. It is on the small side for me but not once even in the 35-40 mph range have I worried about it washing out on me. I imagine a Coda or their all mountain/freeride decks would handle it even better.
Yeah, same with me. Broke out the Westmark that I bought in summer, during Christmas break. My first rocker deck ever, the thing put a stupid grin on my face mid-way through my first run, once I got over my apprehension based on the internet chatter about rocker boards, and started trusting the Griptech edges. Stupid grin lasted all that first day. . By the third run I was going as fast or faster on it than my soon to be retired camber board.

Not saying that the Westie is perfect for everyone, it's just perfect for me, and is worth checking out.