Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #2595 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Cool, I'll b there too then. About time I met Leo!

(...so wadja think of my "gapper" vid?)
I thought it was awesome bro, love the stoke when you hit it! I wasn't doing that my first year. We've taken different progression paths but you sure beat me off the snow I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post

But I *really* want to hit that bag... well my UP trip is getting nixed I think on account of the weather (Boho doesn't even know *when* they'll open...) so maybe I'll end up at Boyne instead; they will have the airbag the weekend of 1/25.

For this Saturday I am debating PK vs. Holly of course I want to ride with you guys but that park can suck a big one when it's hot out like this. It's just too shallow of a slope. Jumps will probably be knuckle city if they're set up on snowstream because it's not steep enough to carry speed when it's 50+ outside.

I would be fairly surprised if they're not open Saturday. They're advertising 20-40" base, that ain't going anywhere between now & then even with a little bit of rain they'll still have everything open.
Highlands is having the airbag the weekend of the 25th? Bro, I'm going to be there that weekend. Let's do it then! That gives me a few weeks to work on kickers before then.

I don't know what Holly will have available, I was just...unimpressed with the maintenance of PK. Dude seriously, the crater was over waist deep on the simple boxes. Though in hindsight I probably could have hit the jumps, they were no worse than what I did at Hawk Island, just just more people in the peanut gallery gawking.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote