Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #2596 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Highlands is having the airbag the weekend of the 25th? Bro, I'm going to be there that weekend. Let's do it then! That gives me a few weeks to work on kickers before then.
You should. I don't know where my travels will take me. Wife will be in FL that weekend and I think Mike & I might head out to NY or PA for a quick overnight or two. If not, then I'll push for a day at Boyne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I don't know what Holly will have available, I was just...unimpressed with the maintenance of PK. Dude seriously, the crater was over waist deep on the simple boxes. Though in hindsight I probably could have hit the jumps, they were no worse than what I did at Hawk Island, just just more people in the peanut gallery gawking.
Yeah you were there late at night, that beginner park gets wrecked from all the kiddies, unfortunately, and nobody takes the initiative to rake it or shovel more snow in the landings. Typically the Timberline park is in much better shape although some of the easier features in that park can get a little rutted, as well.

I hear holly has about 12 features up right now counting the 2 jumps, I think. Currently no boxes (all undergoing maintenance) but my sources tell me they should have some ready by Saturday.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2