Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lightweight Canted bindings

7K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Nivek 
#1 ·
I'm looking for bindings for my 2012 Mod. I was just gonna get the 390s but I heard they weren't that light and I want a lighter binding.
So what I'm looking for is a lighter weight binding that is canted.

I'll mainly be doing freeriding and park. Nothing too soft. I haven't held the 390 in person so :dunno:. Maybe it is light, but I didn't hear anything about it being real light.

#8 ·
Burton Malavitas are very light weight construction and have autocant. Not as good as actual canting but it helps settle your knee in comfortable position. I was ok rocking them with a 23.5" stance, 5'7", 30" inseam. Normally I don't particularly care for Burton hardgoods but their bindings are bombproof and well designed. Straps are ultra kush.

#26 ·
I rode the early release Cartels (have mostly ridden Rides previously) yesterday, first experience with the "autocant". As it happens, I didn't notice anything. I didn't feel it at all. I also didn't feel any knee ache.

Hell, I didn't notice the bindings at all. Exactly what I want from a binding.

#9 ·
Hey Thunder,

The highback and flex should still be the same but we changed up the ankle strap and toe cap for 2013. The ankle strap got borrowed from the 390, so it's thicker and super comfortable. It will also provide a bit more support and response, since it's gotten beefed up from the 2012 Mob strap.

If you aren't stoked on the flex of the Mobs, you really can't go wrong with a pair of 390's. They are definitely lighter than Targas, but not as light as Mobs, so they are right in the middle. Honestly your best bet is to find the nearest store and just pick one up and see for yourself. Everyone is going to have a different definition of what "light" means to them.

Hope that helps.

Shred on
Rome SDS

#12 ·
Need super light canted bindings

I currently use Ride Meastros and I like them but I'm looking for a lighter binding for park use, big jumps and all, I ride a Bataleon Evil Twin which is on the stiffer end definitely and I would like a pair to of binding that are canted that would work well for park use.. I was looking at the Rome possibly

#17 ·
Man you read my mind how's the lateral flex on those ?? I hear they are sweet sorta move with you no??

what size would you recommend for a size 10 boot? Specs say 6.5-10 M and 10-15 L I'm a size 10 I'm thinking M because the because the L for the big boot most likely wide boards

#22 ·
I got a pair in today definitely no canting atleast not from what i can see this whole auto canting does not work like the reg stuff from what I hear, I don't wanna throw them on and then realize it don't do nothing then I'm stuck with them :-/ they should advertise this as a 2.5 degree canting system

#28 ·
I rode the EXs (wedgie 1.5) and very briefly the SPIs (wedgie 3.0).

Liked them both (the EX more). I definitely noticed the canting on the SPIs and was aware of it on the EXs -- especially when switching out with no-cant bindings.

I am riding the same stance width (which I can't recall at the moment) +12/-12 with the Cartels. What can I say, I don't notice the canting, but definitely don't feel the discomfort I used to get with a non-canted binding. So, hocus-pocus or otherwise, the auto-cant works (at least for me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.