Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me narrow this down...I will be specific.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Avery11

Default Help me narrow this down...I will be specific. PICS added

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but not to forums in general so I will try to post this in a manner that is answerable.

I have read the stickies and FAQ stuff but have not found my answer.

My son is 15 with no experience and I'm looking for a board/binding combo that will work for the following specs.

I am not brand loyal or cheap, but I think he will likely grow out of the board this year so used is better. I also have 7 year old twin boys so with 5 of us starting this year (Mom and I are active), I have to be smart. For the record we have bought 9 lessons for each of our sons to get off on the right track.

Region - New Hampshire

Height (Told this doesn't matter) - 5' 8"

Weight - 105 - starting to see my quandry??

Boot size - Burton 10

Riding Style - All mountain/free

Now I have been told to go with everything from a 140 to a 150 but most agree that he needs lg bindings.

Most of the boards on Craigslist in my area are Burton soI was looking for a Clash or Blunt but can't find anything under a 150cm.

Can anyone help me dial in the length of the board and maybe go as far as the style (rocker or camber) and the model?

I could go get a new Clash (or whatever you come up with) with the rocker but for a 1 season board, it looks like a lot of money.

As the rocker seems fairly new, it's not likely that I will find a used one. Can he ride a camber?

Okay, that didn't go as well as planned but I really have tried to do all this solo and can't find what I need.

I will rent for his lesson this SUnday but want to buy something soon. Demos are no good because he can't ride yet anyway and frankly, he probably will say they all feel the same = trust me.

Man, I know you guys are probably sick and tired of answering these same old questions year after year but I can tell you it's not in vain. Thanks to you, the sport gains new life and for the novices like me and my family, your collective knowledge is so so appreciated.

Take care and stay healthy!

A.

Last edited by Avery11; 01-09-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Avery11 is offline   Reply With Quote