Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
chatyak

Well.... I demo'd both the Sl and the proto. It was my 1st time out this season here on the east coast. I rode the SL first and the proto second. To be honest... I felt the proto to be a bit stiffer, which I found odd. I was also really tired by the time I had to demo the proto so perhaps it affected my reasoning. The carbonium top was really cool... snow didn't stick to it as much as the SL.

After a VERY long time debating back and forth between the Sl and the 154 proto..... I ended up getting the 153 SL. It was a really smooth ride for me and I saved $40. It was also a bit less wide in diameter width.

The extra $40 I put towards a high intensity yellow lens - along with new Oakley Canopy goggles which fit my helmet nicely.

I have some pictures attached of helmet/goggles, the run I tested the boards on, and the board itself.

As for binding - I got Burton 2013 cartels on sale on a store near me. Hopefully I made the right choices!

Last edited by chatyak; 01-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.
chatyak is offline   Reply With Quote