Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me narrow this down...I will be specific.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Avery11

Great info, thank you. Let me get this straight;

If I go longer for his feet to fit, go with more flex.

If I go shorter to suit his light weight, I gan go stiffer because the shorter board will be easier to turn.

Sounds like give and take. Am I right?

As for the single year use, I really don't think he is close to topping out yet and his brothers are a long way from his hand-me-downs.

While money isn't a huge problem for me, I don't want to buy brand new just to get one year and then sell it for a huge loss. That said, I don't expect something for nothing and realize that ill-fitted, crap equipment makes learning slower.

We are a Very active family so the kiddos are all pretty athletic and coordinated. RIght now, they have martial arts, gymnastics, basketball, snowshoeing, and now snow boarding all with weekly practices - and they want to take up ice skating

Add shooting, soccer, football, kayaking, hiking, baseball, and lacrosse in the fall/spring/summer, and yyou can see why I have to somewhat watch the dollar.

We spend a ton of money on our sports.

The oldest has grown 5 inches in the last 13 months and his weight just can't keep up.

What is a good, flexible board that I can find on C list? Remember, it will likely be 4-5 years old so think back a little.

As for renting, I think it would cost more than buying and if I get Lg bindings, I can keep him in them from year to year.

I don't mind buying the bindings new.

Yep...I'm long winded but it's hard for you guys to give me advice if I don't tell you what's up heere.

Many thanks!

A.
Avery11 is offline   Reply With Quote