Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why can't we hold on to female members?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #88 (permalink)
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
JENNIFER!!! I was wondering where u went & how u were doing!!

4 days eh??? How r u progressing so far? Any good news on the boot fit front?
Don't let us creepy Ol' farts scare u off! Let us know how u r doing!!!

I ended up having a miserable day my first day with the used boots I got. They were the womens Burton Moto boots...and they had good reviews. But they were a nightmare for me. I almost gave up on day 1. Then I got some money for Christmas from my inlaws and went and dropped $150 on a pair of Sims. I put them on and it was like the angels started singing. lol They felt so good. I do still have some gap on either side of the tongue, but I am ok with that for now. They fit great otherwise. I am still getting a small amount of heel lift, so looking into fixes for that.

I have done lessons all 4 days up there. When I go back on Saturday I get my season pass. Then we are heading up to South Tahoe first week of Feb to celebrate the wedding anniversary. Our season passes here will get us up to 10 free days at Sierra.

I am doing good. Bruised knees and all. My last lesson did not go as well as the other 3. Instructor kept instructing from in front of me instead of in back of me, and his teaching style really messed me up I think. Could not go more than 10 feet without falling. I felt completely uncoordinated. I could not make my head, shoulders, hips, knees, feet all work together that day...and he was no help. He kept yelling out things that got me all flustered and confused. But, I am no quitter. lol I got through the entire hour and a half lesson even with all the falls.

I am still losing weight, the only downside is that the brand new snow pants I got are too big now. I had to ghetto rig them with my sewing machine. lol
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote