Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - mtb recommendations?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
gmore10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmike View Post
where are you going to be riding mainly Patapsco, Frederick watershed? if you are going to be going to Patapsco you don't need a full downhill set up. the closest place with a need for something like that is wisp which is a pretty good hike from where we are(I am assuming you are from Annapolis by reading one of your other posts, feel free to correct me if I am wrong). for Patapsco you will be fine with a hardtail with a nice front fork. it will be a little rough in some spots but nothing there that cant be done with a hardtail. there may be a couple drops here and there that you don't want to hit. I am accually getting ready to take the bike out tomorrow to a local park to get a workout and I am still trying to build strength in my knee from an injury about 2 years ago(had some set back after surgery). when you do decide to go riding get hold of me we can hit up a couple local parks
sounds good def could ride with someone with a similar injury. Any way i see now after looking into stuff that i really dont need full suspension, my buddies were pushing me too and i thought all i really needed was a hardtail.I actually live in crownsville just outside of annapolis but have some off the grid type trails that no one rides would def be down to show you sometime.

when your a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room just for fun