Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The "goggles under/over the helmet" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Alright, so here's a question.

What brands of helmets do you think are better for going 1) over or 2) under?

Right now I have a black Smith Maze and I look like an astronaut when I go over the helmet (I put on the ear muff attachment when I go over the helmet too). When I go under, I take off the ear muffs and inside padding and wear a beanie instead. Its still weird though, the helmet slides around just a little bit = unsafe.

And....go.
i have a smith maze and i have the same issue..with the ear pads and goggles over, i look like maverick from top gun. when i take out the padding and wear a beanie with the goggles under, it looks alot better. with my bern baker helmet, i still think it looks a little better underneath, but it definitely has a lower profile and just looks better with the goggles overall..under or over. i tried them both, and i can go either way. i like having a beanie on when i take my helmet off but i also dont want to compromise the protection my helmet gives me by wearing it improperly

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote