Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Job in Great Falls MT,.. anyone from there?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely NOT a city guy. I love the mountains, and although I don't live in the backwoods, I could! Quite comfortably!

Lived in SoCal on the coast from '80 to '89-90. (...3 yrs of that at Camp Pendleton Marine base). I Got into the hills as often as I could. (...used to do a little climbing.) I was on the coast in NoCal from '90 to '96. Loved the Redwoods, the coastal Mts. & Seirra's. Not a flatland lover @ all, raised in MI so don't mind the cold. In fact, one of the biggest reasons I'm considering this is we don't have a long enough winter here now that I'm so into boarding.

I've got some real financial issues that could make a move like this difficult to pull off, but I am weighing my options. I just wouldn't want to make a move like this if I wound up as far or farther from being able to do some decent daily or 3-4 times a week riding than I am already. I want to do more than weekend rides at crappy little hills. Also the chance to b within a half or full days drive of some truely EPIC resorts is awfully appealing!

Really would appreciate some more local knowlege and feedback on the area if possible.
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
2015/16 (00) days!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote