Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Job in Great Falls MT,.. anyone from there?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely NOT a city guy. I love the mountains, and although I don't live in the backwoods, I could! Quite comfortably!

Lived in SoCal on the coast from '80 to '89-90. (...3 yrs of that at Camp Pendleton Marine base). I Got into the hills as often as I could. (...used to do a little climbing.) I was on the coast in NoCal from '90 to '96. Loved the Redwoods, the coastal Mts. & Seirra's. Not a flatland lover @ all, raised in MI so don't mind the cold. In fact, one of the biggest reasons I'm considering this is we don't have a long enough winter here now that I'm so into boarding.

I've got some real financial issues that could make a move like this difficult to pull off, but I am weighing my options. I just wouldn't want to make a move like this if I wound up as far or farther from being able to do some decent daily or 3-4 times a week riding than I am already. I want to do more than weekend rides at crappy little hills. Also the chance to b within a half or full days drive of some truely EPIC resorts is awfully appealing!

Really would appreciate some more local knowlege and feedback on the area if possible.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote