Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pow day set-back
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

SnoWolf. Agree with your thinking about sidecut, BUT: (love to talk about this shit) if you look at an extreme pow board say the The Euphoria (or any Noboard)

we have the sidecut opposite of a regular board, or in the case of the Hoverraft for example

the tail is so short and stiff and the board so set back naturally that you will ride in the back no matter what and they are both pow specific sticks.

My point is that when you are riding deep pow at a speed you should float no matter what position your are in. But at slower speed or on lower angle slopes, a set back will keep the nose up and, as I experienced on the JJ board, make it SO much easier and enjoyable. Either on 2 feet of fresh or on the same , later when i't s all trashed. The board on a wheelie trashes trough it instead of you having to lift it every time.

On the other hand I love to carve centered on both ( Arbor and JJ) on more firm and groomer days...to use and engage all of the sidecut the way it was designed to.

Hmm...Maybe Saturday.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote