Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Job in Great Falls MT,.. anyone from there?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
turbospartan

Chomps.... let me preface this by saying I've never been to Montana in my life. That said, I don't know how good of a look this might be. I understand your feelings on wanting to move somewhere closer to mountains (I too, came from MI and moved to Denver, CO), but objectively looking at the data... how much better would it be?

I guess it depends on how much of a pay cut you'd have to take, but make sure that you have enough money to even continue enjoying snowboarding. 4+ hour drive to Big Sky is obviously better than a 4+ hour drive to Boyne, but you also have to factor in that Big Sky will cost more for both lift tickets (I'm guessing) and lodging. The local place (Showdown) doesn't look too shabby... 1400 max vertical, but a season pass there is over $500. Daily is pretty cheap though ($38).

Again, maybe it would be better but from reading the city-data forums it doesn't seem like anything out of this world. If you stayed in MI with better pay, could you afford some trips to other locations (CO, UT, Tahoe, etc.)? To expand on that, you should try taking a few trips to some places to see some bigger resorts and get a feel for things. Just my opinion... good luck.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote