Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - RFID Required on kids!?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
RFID is really no different from a security card. In fact, most security cards these days USE rfid. And no, it can't read your heartbeat. It can transmit your medical stats if you have SOME OTHER electronics implanted in you which is connected to an RFID transmitter.

The problem with this story is there's no information on WHY the judge made the ruling, or even what the ruling actually was. Based on what I see here, it could be that the university wants students to carry ID badges or ID cards when on campus, and it might be to track their use of resources or it might be to only let authorized people into the pool. Or it might admittedly be for some truly moronic reason.
Yeah...there are different forms that RFID can take from pacemakers to security cards so I am speaking a bit out of context by generalizing them together. I guess my main worry here is that these ones in particular give them the ability to give them constant monitoring ability of yourself. I also worry about how easily this can be abused

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
that's some straight up bullshit.

if i lived in that area and couldn't move for some odd reason, I would definitely be home schooling my kids.
+1 on that
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote