Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
If it's not a Never Summer, why would I want it?

It's the best snowboard. I can do tricks on it. It's 158 sintered base and has the camber.
That's one beer for mentioning camber!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airblaster503 View Post
I re-read, and still you are saying that a board with normal shape vs those with a different shaped nose/tail, that the normal shape has a longer effective edge, which is the area between the contact points. THat is not correct, most boards that are for example blunted on the tips have a longer effective edge. It also depends on the shape as well, a cambered deck is going to be have a longer effective edge than one that is rocker.

But then again you have 2k posts vs my 7, so you must know more
Actually take a look at the pics before my post. They show no boards with blunted tips, all the odd tipped boards seem to actually extend the tip will past a traditional boards tips. So what I'm saying is something like this board from earlier in this thread will have less effective edge than a traditional shaped board of the same length, which will have less effective edge than a blunted tip board of the same length.

We're agreeing I think you just read my post funny... oh and I don't give a fuck how many posts you have I talk to guys here with 100 posts like I've known them for years and guys with 7,000 posts I tell them to fuck off lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote