Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Keystone, Breck or Vail
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwinw View Post
I have a trip planned in about a week to go out to colorado. I am staying in the town of breck but not on the mountain.

I am wondering whre I should ride. I enjoy flying down the mountain, groomed steep blacks or blues. I also like riding through trees or off the main path. I dont ride in the park at all.

I went out to Keystone 8 or so years ago. Rode 3 days at Keystone, 1 at A-Basin and 1 at Vail. I have never been to Breck.

Can anyone give me some recommendations?
Learn how to use a T-bar, if you don't already know. That'll be very worthwhile. Breck has some real gnar runs if the snow is good. The base is pretty thin base, right now, so the real tasty runs may be a little thin. Whatever is open on Peaks 7 or 8 should be fun, but they usually aren't groomed. If the snow is fresh, hit it. If not, it'll just be a sketch session. All sorts of bumpy yuk.

Breck is Big and can be pretty fun. Just peruse and push yourself. I always found Peak 10 rather entertaining.