Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - anyone here in law enforcements?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
jennifer

I was with the District Attorneys Office for 4 years. They are listed as "law enforcement", but I know not in the sense you are talking about. I did work with several guys from fish and game regularly on some of their misd cases. They all seemed to really enjoy the job. Most of them seemed to like it for much the same reasoning you stated. They enjoyed being able to be outdoors instead of stuck behind a desk or something all day. Benefits are pretty decent, and most of the guys I met at F&G needed those benefits. Never met one who got hurt on the job...but a few who messed themselves up on mountian bikes and other adventure sports. lol

They only thing is that with all law enforcement agencies (including DA), they do a VERY crazy background check. They can interview friends, family, former roomates, neighbors. They can and often do order polygraph as part of the entry process. Any talk of drug use (even if your state says MJ is legal, the feds dont agree and most law enforcement agencies have a no drug policy) or any other issues that pop up in a background check will disqualify you pretty quickly.

Steady pay, good benefits. I also know a few of the same kind of guys (love being outdoors) who went into the forestry service as firefighters. Might be something else to look into as well.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote