Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever go boarding alone?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
liner

This season Ive actually got to go solo a bit more, and with friends actually(found out a job as a snowboard instructor at my local mountain was a pretty good winter gig.) I probably ride alone 60% of my time.

Some of my favorite rides are the morning solo midweek runs, when its least crowded, you can really get some me time. I get some good tunes, get in the zone and try to challenge myself as a rider. try and make the most badass, perfectly balanced carve across the mountain, then try and continue the carve back halfway up the hill, then a nice tight toeside tear drop back the other way, then maybe a smooth heelside c turn and nice and stylish flip switch for the next few.

When riding with friends though, you obviously need to have the most style points haha, and that in itself is something that really develops you as a rider. When you ride with people better then you you just getter better. straight up fact. And the company is usually fun... or not if that one friend comes.

Im a all-mountain freestyle rider. The snow is my playground with its accelerating as fast as possible, braking as fast as possible, Making unnecessarily huge turns just because theres snow over there too, cto completely carve in lue of the earths natural aura, whatever.

Its easier and way more fun to do solo, but not exactly safe to be to erratic when the trail has people on it, but its way better period with bros and hoes
liner is offline   Reply With Quote