Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shred in Japan
Thread: Shred in Japan
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Yes its legal. Its not going to be a rope ducking tour.

Really this time around we will be hitting mostly the ungroomed pistes and allowed grey areas. I will just be showing people the best spots and lines around the mountain.

The big bonus is that everyone will get some pointers on how to improve from Tomohiro the former pro coach and grade A instructor (Japanese system).

Judging from your posts you would probably get more out of a higher level clinic, but it could be a fun weekend for you all the same.

In general the ski patrol is very open at Nozawa and they try to let people take advantage of as much of the mountain as possible.

As I said this particular tour is going to be pretty mellow.

In the future we plan to do more challenging tours in the same area, there are lots of great runs. I need to get much more training, equipment and experience before we do those.

I do however hit a lot of the deeper sidecountry riding with friends. Only when the avalanche risks are very low.

By the way supra all this week (until the 22nd) Never Summer are doing demos at Nozawa. Sadly I will be heading up the day after on the 23rd.

They will be in Hakuba (Hakuba 47 & Goryu) from the 7th to the 14th of March.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote