Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toeside turn need some help
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I think he meant uphill and downhill edge. Basically if you dig in your downhill edge, your board will stop abruptly and you won't.
That's right. I apologize. I should have written 'hill' instead of 'heel'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I do so for a reason. They are a terrific teaching tool to get people comfortable making the transition from a side slip position to pointing the board down the fall line and bringing it back across the fall line. Unlike the horrible falling leaf, they teach a new rider to ride their board directionally.....
I loved the garlands. Don't ever under-estimate the garlands. The falling leaf is just too mellow and you get too little progress practicing it.

The garlands is really good stuff and you can be as aggressive as you like practicing it. To me, it fosters good habits and speed controls in many aspects of my learning. And again if you are doing it aggressively as you progress and get the hang of it, lots of people don't even realize you are a learner dong this drill. I remember I was progressively stepping up the aggressiveness of my garlands even within the first hour of doing it.

Te me, the garlands is a must-do. It's fun doing it. And it can be as gentle or as aggressive as you could manage it as per your riding skills.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote