Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Poll: What age did you start Riding?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #83 (permalink)
BlackhawkDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I am 32, just started this year. Never been on skis or a board before this year.

Some of you are making me feel damn old! lol

The truth is that I was morbidly obese most of my adult life...and in all honesty still have plenty of weight to lose. I have lost 115 pounds since August. Still losing. Snowboarding is part of that. I was super active in highschool and never had a weight problem. I was even a catalog model for a while. I was in fantastic shape. Then college came, then my daughter came, then life happened. So now I am making fitness a part of my life again, and snowboarding is a part of being active for me.

The biggest push that got me started though is that my 7 year old daughter started skiing last year.(she was 6 at the time). My husband has been snowboarding forever as well. So it was time for me to join in on the family fun.

I find it funny that someone commented that they do not heal as well or as fast at 24. Are you kidding? lol My father in law is 60 this year...and he went with us last season and tried boarding for the first time (He is a skier). He wasnt scared to fall, neither am I.
Thats awesome that you're riding to stay active. Its one of my favorite aspects of the sport you get to be outside and its damn good exercise.
to many excuses to stay indoors and not do anything nowadays. My wife just started, she went for the first time with me yesterday and had a blast. I just turned 28 and these guys are making me feel old too. haha

Last edited by BlackhawkDriver; 01-10-2013 at 11:33 PM.
BlackhawkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote