Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips on a 360? (video)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzach View Post
This is someone who literally learned how to front 7 in one day last week " only ever spun backside". I'm telling you the best practice for front spins off jumps is front spins on boxes ! Just sesh a wide box all day till you can spin like mad! Just do what you think is natural figure it out your self, then try the exact same maneuver off a jump ( remember to pop, you need to work on that) and you will see how easy front spins really are... Tips spinning on boxes forces you to continue your momentum since there is no air time , while trying 3s off a jump can often give beginners false realizations since its a fairly simple trick but the building block of all spins and place improper form into your muscle memory making it increasingly more difficult to perform greater spins. This is why being a well rounded rider is so important... Also remember to work on switch riding All the time and do front AND back spins, like seriously when your riding around not in park practicing flat front and back as well as switch 180s will step your game up really fast! Wish someone told me that... Do somthing new everyday, don't get repetitive.
Firstly, you really need to start using paragraphs. It was REALLY hard to read that.

Secondly, learning to spin by 'doing what feels natural' and 'figuring it out yourself' is horrible advice. Do not listen to this advice please.

You should be learning to spin by finding out how to create a smooth spin (eg - watch one of the free snowboard addiction videos on spinning), then practicing to recreate the movement correctly.