Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips on a 360? (video)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
dkzach

I think one thing we can agree on though is the importance of riding with a good old pal ready to criticize you and tell you what your doing wrong aswell as offer advise on what to try differenty next time. That and to smack you inline when your style is wack! Make your buddy your coach!

Still belive reading a bunch of stuff of how to do somthing may help a bit with understanding the principle. But it really all comes down to applying what you read in a way you yourself can understand and explain. For me I fully understand the connection of rotation between boxes and jumps. Though watching the SA videos left me aware of release, without the knolage of how it feels it was a step that took some deep thinking. Connecting skills from other aspects of riding helped me link the situations together I realize " holy cow there actually the same motion!"

Also bailing is a part of progression, which is why taking steps to reduce injury such as Ariel awareness classes greatly increase your rate of progression by letting you be able to go try it again.

Everything is possible if you have your head in the right place and want to make it happen. Haldor Helgason

No matter what pretend you land the trick, visualize, landing the trick even if you fall, take it easy. Nev Lapwood
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote