Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips on a 360? (video)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

The funny thing is I actually do agree with your concept of learning (building certain skills ie. spinning and linking it to new tricks) and have recommended it to others before, even though I disagree with how you're applying it in regards to the whole box spinning learning thing.

Warning, serious educational content below this not related to snowboarding:

Since you enjoy psychology type stuff, I'll add something you might find interesting to dig into on google since I'm kind of a huge nerd when it comes to learning psychology and behavioural effects

The 'teach a man to fish' concept works in theory, but never in person.

It's something marketers stumbled upon when they practiced sales and crafting effective marketing offers to customers.

In reality no one is searching for how to fish, they just want a fish without the work. So basically if you try to teach people to fish they'll instead find someone selling fish.

If you want to teach a man to fish, you have to sell fish and somehow sneak in the 'how to fish' portion on the backend.