Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Setup - Centre of Board
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
jojotherider

yeah just move the bindings in closer together. I'd move both in rather than just try to move one binding or the other. Also, if you look at the mounting disks, you'll see that there are different holes you can mount in. So you don't have to jump to the next hole in the board, you can try mounting in the next hole in the binding. Just make adjustments until something is comfortable for you. One thing I did last year was jump down from 3 steps landing evenly on both feet. I figured the width of my feet landing would be a good starting point for mounting my bindings. I ended up going a little wider, but not much.

As far as binding angle, I think that's all just personal preference and body mechanics. I ride with my bindings set at 6/-6. I feel like this lets me get good pressure on the edges. Also, I've tried other angles and they just make my knees hurt. My friends think my angles are too tight and they ride at 12/-9 or 9/-9. Its really just works for you.

Honestly the best thing for you to do is just find a good starting point and carry a multi-tool with you the next time you go ride. Take some runs and make the adjustments you think you need.

Once you figure out what works for you, measure the distance (i like to go measure from the center of the binding) and note the angles. I can tell you off the top of my head that my bindings stance is 23 1/2" wide at 6/-6. I use this same stance on all of my boards, pow/park/all mountain. Its just the stance that works for me.
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote