Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Homeschool Dangermare and Base Layer
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
SGboarder

A few additional comments (I have the exact same jacket).

Agree with most things the OP wrote, esp. the great breathability and the soft feel of the jacket.
Some minor corrections/differences:
  • It has a mesh lining, so it is not a 'true' shell (but OP is correct that there is no insulation material).
  • While there are no wrist gaiters, the sleeve adjusters work as thumb loops (similar to the Burton AK jackets).
  • Pockets are not great: Zippered pockets are quite small. Access to pockets with flaps is a little awkward and the flaps are strangely cut, making me concerned that things might fall out.
  • Not a huge fan of the hood and collar (which are kind of integrated because of the 'cheek flaps'). Hood shape is kind of weird: When wearing it, I cannot get the face opening tight enough despite using all the adjustments. When not wearing it, the hood folds down in a weird way, dragging the back of the collar/neck area down while the front still stands up.
  • The neck opening is just too big for me, so I always need to wear a neck warmer/scarf with this.
  • Hood is too small for use with my helmet: I can fit the hood over the helmet, but it pulls the jacket up.

Overall, still a good jacket that I will use for slightly more technical use, compared to my padded Burton DryRide jacket for resort riding.
Got it for a $80 at Whiskeymilitia, which is a killer price for a highly breathable (almost) shell.
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote