Cinch Cable Problem and solution
I don't know why there are holes in the heel cup , but they make a good place for zip ties for a cable retention system.
1) This is caused by friction between the cable and the heel cup when you kick the highback forward
2) The friction creates tension and tilts the heel cup.
3) The tilt brings down the buckles and creates slack with nowhere to go.
4) the slack pushes the cable backwards out of the guides.
5) When you pull the lock, the cables is already out of place
The original cinch had different cables and also a loop around the cables near the latch.
I was going to try teflon lube to reduce the friction, but found zip ties to be a far better solution.