Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best GoPro mounting location
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
arrrmaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
I totally agree. There is no good way to see body movements, etc, from a POV shot. Your best chance is a pole mount and the 960 or whatever TALL angle so your whole body can be seen. When I got my GoPro, I was wondering what in the hell I would use that weird 9xx resolution for... and self shots on the pole are absolutely it. The 1080 or 720 modes are all wide, so very good when being shot from a 3rd person, but not good on a pole. You cant really see the board unless it is held at a high angle pointing down at you. With the 9xx resolution, you get a way better full body shot when mounted on a pole either ahead or behind you.
I think both of you guys are right, all the videos I've see of POV tricks don't really show much and it's hard to see what's going on. That's a good suggestion to use the 960 angle and a pole mount for some shots. I'll try out some different locations and settings and see if I can find anything that works. But I'll probably end up having a friend follow me around, or I guess I could use my wifi remote and set up the camera myself and take my own shots- it'll take a little time to do that but might be worth it if I'm by myself. Thanks
arrrmaty is offline   Reply With Quote